Air conditioning units are an investment that you want to last as long and work efficiently. But if your AC isn’t working like it should, then there’s something wrong with the maintenance process – so let me show how we can make sure this never happens again!
What is AC Maintenance?
AC maintenance is simply the process in which professionals maintain an AC unit to make sure that it’s working efficiently and doesn’t need any repair or whatsoever. This can range from regular filter replacement to checking voltage levels for the unit.
With proper and prompt maintenance service, an air conditioner can serve for a longer duration and becomes more efficient. Not to mention, when you go for AC maintenance, the service providers will tell you if there are any problems with your AC unit so that you can fix them before it becomes a serious issue.
This is why it’s imperative for everyone to learn all the necessary information regarding AC maintenance and how it helps us achieve better results.
How Often Should AC Maintenance Be Done?
Well, there is no particular time frame as to when you should opt for an AC maintenance service. However, it’s important that you do so once every six months or at least four times a year. This way, your unit will be ready to provide you comfort during summers and you won’t have to spend a lot on its repairs.
However, there are also factors that may affect the frequency of AC maintenance, such as:
1) Size of the unit – Smaller units need more maintenance than larger ones because they can break down easily if not checked on time. This is why it’s recommended that you get your small air conditioning units checked every three months.
2) Usage – If you use your air conditioner too much during winters and summers, you should opt for an AC maintenance service six to eight weeks after installation. This is because constant usage can affect the working of AC and can lead to an increase in energy consumption.
3) AC model – Different types of models have different moving parts and power consumption rates, which is why they need varying time durations for maintenance. For example, using a split unit at your house will require less maintenance than a window unit.
4) Location of the unit – The unit’s location can also play a vital role in determining its frequency for maintenance. If you live in an area with high humidity levels throughout the year, your cooling system will require more maintenance than usual not to get affected by mold and mildew.
5) The number of occupants at home – The number of occupants in a household can also affect the frequency of AC maintenance. If you have a large family, it’s essential to get your unit checked on time so that everyone stays relaxed and comfortable without paying extra for repairs.
6) Pets – If you have pets at your home, it’s crucial to get the AC frequently checked so that fur and dander don’t accumulate. If these things are not taken care of on time, they can affect the indoor air quality at your house and pose a severe health risk to your family members.
What are the Benefits of AC Maintenance?
There are a plethora of benefits associated with regular AC maintenance, some of which are discussed below:
- It increases your AC’s efficiency.
If you don’t maintain your air conditioning unit on time, there is an obvious reason it would break down, i.e.; due to clogging. This can lead to overheating and other performance-related issues that could have otherwise been avoided if only the customer had opted for regular AC maintenance service.
- It helps keep your energy bills under check.
As you know, the more time your AC unit works efficiently, the lesser you will have to pay for it. This is because, during maintenance, technicians will check all of your AC unit’s electrical components and will make sure that it’s operating as efficiently as possible.
- It saves you from unnecessary repairs and replacements.
When you go for AC maintenance service, technicians will check and test all parts of your unit and inform you of a problem. This way, you can replace the damaged parts before they cause further damage to your AC unit.
- It ensures that your AC works perfectly during the peak summer season.
This is yet the best benefit of AC maintenance. What do you think will happen if your air conditioner is not properly maintained before the hot summer days arrive? Yes, it will break down, and you will have to pay a hefty sum for its repairs.
However, with AC maintenance, technicians will make sure that your air conditioner is ready for the summer season to provide you with quality comfort.
- It increases the lifespan of your unit.
Regular air conditioning maintenance also helps increase your unit’s longevity, which means that you can use it for an enhanced period without spending a lot on repairs and replacements.
So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with our trusted air conditioner maintenance professionals today so that they provide you with the necessary AC maintenance before the hot summer days arrive.
Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips
Air conditioners give us clean and cool air all summer. So, it’s understandable that the air conditioner wears down due to continual usage over time. However, with some minor effort and investment, you can save money and continue to breathe clean air.
Here are some air conditioner maintenance tips you can follow to ensure optimum performance and your family’s safety.
Clean Your Air Filters
Air conditioners have air filters located near the blower unit near the ductwork. These allow air to flow smoothly through the system. It is essential to clean these air filters for optimum airflow regularly.
Failing to clean them may lead to congestion. It’s common for ice and debris to accumulate on the coil. For example, these prevent air passage through the system. As a result, your air conditioner seizes up.
Upgrade the Thermostat
Sometimes, the unit keeps cooling an empty house or apartment when no one’s home. Failing to adjust thermostat temperature shortens the HVAC’s working life and leads to rising energy bills.
The easiest way to prevent this is to upgrade to a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat allows you to program the device according to different times of the day. This upgrade will remove the human element, helping you save money and extending the AC’s working life.
Maintain Your Outdoor Condenser Unit
An AC’s outdoor condenser unit is subject to debris, dirt, and dust, primarily if it’s located near plants, bushes, or grass clippings. Cleaning the outdoor unit is a simple DIY task. All you need to do is turn the thermostat off, remove the AC’s main power switch, and remove all the growth, clippings, and debris from the outdoor unit.
You can also hire professional air conditioner repair services for this job.
Check the Recharge of Refrigerant
The amount of refrigerant in an air conditioner varies with operating conditions and indoor temperatures. You must check whether there is sufficient R-22 refrigerant inside your AC unit or not.
You can do this easily by going through the manufacturer’s manual. If you find that there is a lack of refrigerant, it leads to a rise in energy bills. It also causes leakage and other issues leading to expensive repairs. Thus, this step is vital for extending the working life of an AC unit.
Repair or Replace Worn Out or Damaged Parts
You may have to pay expensive repair costs if you fail to fix worn-out components, such as an AC belt, gasket, filter, etc. Replacing worn-out parts with new ones is also essential for the same reason. This will also help to protect your air conditioning unit from further damage and save you from expensive repairs.
Schedule a Professional Maintenance
It’s essential to know that most HVAC manufacturers require proof of regular maintenance if you decide to submit a repair claim. Certified technicians have the knowledge and expertise to diagnose problems quickly and get your system up and running safely.
While these maintenance tips can keep your air conditioning system running smoothly and efficiently, the professionals will also check your AC’s electrical components, mechanical components, coolant levels, and duct integrity.
Put Your Trust On Our Air Conditioner Maintenance Pros!
At MaxCare Heating and Cooling, we stand by our work to always ensure your satisfaction. Our HVAC technicians are carefully selected, trained, and certified in the field of air conditioner maintenance. With our advanced skillset and experience, we can guarantee results and excellent customer service.
You can count on MaxCare Heating & Cooling professionals for HVAC system repair, installation, and maintenance services in London and SW Ontario area. We offer a free diagnosis before our repair services and help you make an informed decision.
Call us today at 519-641-9000 to schedule an appointment!